But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God is good

The last few months have been extremely difficult. I can't even begin to explain all that's happened. But here I am. This past weekend our church had a womens retreat. I decided last minute to go even though I didn't want to. I had that sweet voice from the Lord saying "just go...I have something for you." of course all i thought about was how I didn't have money to go but I obeyed. What a weekend! I haven't been able to cry for about 3 months and starting Friday morning the tears began to flow. God was already releasing stuff from me before I even left for the retreat. I continued to cry all day and all night. Each woman that came up to me to ask how I was caused the tears to flow more. By the time worship began I couldn't control myself. I was on my face crying out to the Lord to take my pain. I realized that I don't need to say anything to the Lord sometimes. He just knows. He knew I needed a release from all the things I've gone through in the last few months. I just needed to be in his presence and give it up to him. By Saturday I had a smile back on my face and felt totally renewed. Our God is so good! He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. We just have to obey.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You have flourished into such a strong and beautiful woman of God. I wish I had been there to see your smile come back to your face. I'm sure you were glowing!

    ReplyDelete