But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thankful...

Last night God gave me an amazing opportunity to pray over a tiny preemie. Each night that I go to work I never know what I'm going to come across or who's life the Lord might give me the opportunity to bless. Each baby that I get to hold I always pray over. Whether it's changing a diaper or getting to hold them for hours, I always take the time to pray while touching them. Last night I floated to the NICU. A baby was admitted who was going through drug withdraws. She was screaming in pain. I was asked to just sit and hold her for the last three hours of my shift. At first I felt like I didn't have the training or tools to take care of this baby. I wrapped her in warm blankets and began rocking her. After attempting to feed her and her vomiting I began praying. The Lord began to give me worship songs to sing over her. It worked! She slept for two hours in my arms while I prayed and sang over her. I'm so grateful that the Lord trusted me and sent me to console that tiny baby girl. He speaks through the smallest little lives sometimes. Our God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. You are being a willing instrument....He always blesses that!

    ReplyDelete